Monday, April 14, 2008

Study or work outside

Its not that warm out yet this morning but predicted to go into the mid 50's and there is no wind so far. I have a test Friday and should get at least one more done in another class that I'm on a "self guided study" system but with so much to do outside it was tempting to just go outside awhile even though it was a bit bitter out.

I did get the rest of the old icky wire off the fence line and stood and looked over that pen a few minutes contemplating the next step. Its a long way from having permanent wood horse fence installed but Its not too far from shoring up with some good temporary panels and such to get it usable until I get back around to that area to work on putting in the permanent fence line, I really need to get it ready so I can move the Buddy, Ronnie and Summer there and perhaps Sugar can go in that area as well, its fairly roomy, has trees and overall a nice lot. That will get me down to Tuffy and Classic together in the barn and I can get him in a separate pen so he can loose weight and then Classic will have the barn and that lot to her self for foaling in about 2 to 3 weeks.

There are no dogs in the kennel now, save for Ebony who still has to spend most of her time confined but we had a great crossroads last night as this morning I found Clyde the peacock roosting in the rafters!!! This was the first time he has done this since the incident January 1st which caused him to be missing for 3 days and get severe frost bite on both feet, and eventually cost us one of the two hens who also was injured some day and never came around. But the fact that Clyde finally was able to go to roost at night up high like he should was really encouraging that all the extra time and care and taking water to him and food to make sure he was eating and drinking through the balance of winter may pay off with saving him and getting him back to some semi normal behavior.

I could go into the kennel area now though and remove most of the chain link panels/gates and move them into temporary pens for horses, a project for later on today or tomorrow afternoon when I don't work at the clinic. Time to think about gardening too. Now I just have to force myself to sit and study and get this semester wrapped up.

No comments: