Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A little sun at last

Today certainly started out cranky for me. I looked out the window when I got up, it was snowing to beat the band again, the ground covered with a blanket of white. Yuck. Cloudy, dreary. So I drudged through another wintery morning of chores, then headed out for the 30 mile drive to my 8am class, and of course found the temp was sitting right at 31 degrees, enough to make the road with "scattered slippery spots". Made it through class, then two hours at the student success center, then at 11 am I decided I needed to head back home and get a few things done and as I stepped out the door I found the snow had already melted, and the sun was trying to peek out.

What started out as a rather awful day, turned into a semi nice one this afternoon. Sunshine, mid 40's so I actually got some clean out done in the garage, before I had to go to work at 3pm. And in the evening after work I was able to spend a few minutes working in the yard starting to clean up some areas of leaves, tree suckers and overgrown weeds from last summer.

And the forecast is looking up to so finally will be able to get to that fencing, urgently needed is some fence repair so Tuffy and Sugar can move out of the barn and leave Classic alone as she is hopefully due to foal the first part of May!

No comments: